Sunday, June 26, 2016

The Irish in the American Civil War

"I want to see you before I die. Last letters of Ulster emigrants in American Civil War Pension Files."
https://irishamericancivilwar.com/2016/06/25/i-want-to-see-you-before-i-die-last-letters-of-ulster-emigrants-in-american-civil-war-pension-files/

This site is a reproduction of a presentation this gentleman gave at the Ulster American Folk Park at Omagh County Tyrone. He's included all the slides he used. I've actually visited that location in Tyrone - spent an entire day as we were staying in Antrim so an easy drive there and back.

His presentation is interesting and the pictures & stories very poignant, and sad, but certainly calls our attention to using the Civil War pension files for our Irish ancestors! I really hadn't considered that. I've used those records (they are on Ancestry) for my US families, but never looked for any of my Irish. Hmmmmm, one more thing to do? Lucky me!! haha


Cheers,
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment