Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Research vs Pizza

So yesterday I had just the best time I've had for ages!! As I was working on adding posts to this blog, I began to work within one post - using the now lost 1841/51 censuses of Ireland to find those applying for pensions in the very early 1900s. I've worked with these record sets previously, but not when I was really able to concentrate like I was yesterday. And guess what? I'm hot on the trail of several family members and feeling pretty confident I've located some previously unknown names. That's awesome! Right? But I also had to make dinner and I had decided to make my own pizza crust in my bread machine, load it up, and then toss it into the oven. Yumm. I've done this before. But yesterday my brain was more in Ireland than in my kitchen apparently 'cause my pizza dough lacked elasticity, and I couldn't figure out why ... until the pizza was baking and I was cleaning up ... and discovered the brand new jar of yeast I had purchased earlier in the day. Still unopened. Sigh. Hubby is such a great guy. He continued to say "the toppings are great and cooked perfectly". hahaha So today I'm headed back into research. Maybe canned soup for dinner tonight? If you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at? LOL


Cheers,
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment