Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Thanks Regina Branch SGS

So what a lucky girl I am. OK I've worked for twenty years, literally non-stop, to get here, but this was payback.

Tonight I was honoured to speak to the Regina branch of the Saskatchewan Genealogical Society at their AGM ............ and I had sooooooooooo much fun!! I got to renew numerous old acquaintances, and make some new, wonderful, and very talented genealogy friends. And I believe we all learned some new 'stuff', as we laughed, and thought our way through some family history challenges. Only once did I have to get out my 'spanking stick' to quiet things down!! What a hoot!! Hahaha

I have always felt this is the most important part of getting together with like minded people. No one can know everything, about anything, all the time. Take a minute and think your way through *that*.

And in my humble opinion it should always be about sharing. I love what I do. I share what I am able. And I keep my mind open to always take the often overlooked opportunity to learn from others as well. What more could we ask for? Thanks everyone!


Happy Searching All,
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment