Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Pics of London Bridge & the Charles Bridge



This is a picture of what London Bridge used to look like. It was covered with buildings and it took an hour to walk across due to congestion!! Thanks to Marion McGarry who tweeted this, which is where I first saw it. It reminds me of the Charles Bridge in Prague Czech Republic which is outstandingly beautiful, and joins the old world Prague {with castle} to the modern city. This bridge also had businesses on it - today the businesses have been replaced with buskers etc. so it's all interactive, if you want. And the most gorgeous statues still exist on it. Prague is the most beautiful city I have ever seen. Also has great beer and food. Much like Quebec City, which I rate as #2 in beauty. Of course I've not been everywhere in the World, yet! haha Below is a small section of the Charles Bridge.





Cheers,
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment