Sunday, January 3, 2016

International Classification of Diseases

Thanks to my good friend Shannon Cherkowski for this. Sometimes we find a cause of death, but have no clue what the word or term means. Here's help http://www.wolfbane.com/icd/

My paternal great grandfather's death registration shows he died after four days of laryngitis. Four days? Really? Obviously every time I get a sore throat, never mind laryngitis, I start to worry. Lol. I was at a genealogy conference some time ago where there was a Doctor giving a session on just these type of things. So I asked. Turns out it was probably diphtheria that killed my David GILMOUR in Kilwinning Ayrshire Scotland 1903. I like that so much better than death by laryngitis.

BTW if anyone is in need of an excellent researcher specializing in adoptions, Shannon Cherkowski is your girl. She has a lengthy list of successes. Ask me for her contact info.


Cheers,
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment