Monday, November 4, 2013

1921 Canadian Census - more ideas to overcome index errors

Sounds like I am in very good company regarding transcription errors in the 1921 Canadian census. A former student and friend, told me her father's name was Philip, but he's indexed as 'Shitat'!! That's amusing, once she found him. Thanks for sharing Lois!

Today I came across another researcher who has some wisdom to share. Read it at http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.ca/2013/10/problems-with-1921-census-indexing-how.html


One of the things I stress in my classes is this: If you have an apple, and I have an apple, together we have one apple.
But if you have an idea, and I have an idea, and we share them, together we have TWO ideas!!

I believe in sharing. How about you?


Cheers,
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment